Comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of glass fiber reinforced bars and ordinary steel bars
Glass fiber rebar, also known as GFRP rebar, is a new type of composite material. Many people don't know the difference from ordinary steel bars. Why use glass fiber reinforced bars?
Glass fiber rebar, also known as GFRP rebar, is a new type of composite material. Many people don't know the difference from ordinary steel bars. Why use glass fiber reinforced bars? The following article will introduce the advantages and disadvantages of glass fiber reinforced bars and ordinary steel bars. After comparison, see if glass fiber reinforced bars can replace ordinary steel bars?
What is fiberglass reinforcement
As a high-performance new structural material, glass fiber reinforcement is widely used in subway tunnels (shield tunneling), highways, bridges, airports, docks, stations, water conservancy projects, underground projects, etc. It can be adapted to sewage treatment plants, chemical plants, Corrosive environments such as electrolyzers, manhole covers, and coastal defense projects. Glass fiber reinforcement can solve many problems in engineering, make up for the shortcomings of traditional steel, and bring new development opportunities to civil engineering and construction engineering.
Advantages and disadvantages of ordinary steel bars and glass fiber reinforced bars
1. High bearing capacity, strong tensile capacity, the strength of the rod body is twice that of the same diameter threaded steel bar, but the weight is only 1/4 of the steel bar;
2. The elastic modulus is stable, about 1/3~2/5 of the steel bar;
3. Electric and thermal insulation, the thermal expansion coefficient is closer to cement than steel bars;
4. Good corrosion resistance, suitable for use in wet or other corrosive environments such as water conservancy, bridges, docks and tunnels;
5. The shear strength is low, and the shear strength of ordinary glass fiber reinforcement is only 50~60MPa, which has excellent cutting performance.
It is basically similar to steel bars in performance, has good adhesion to concrete, and at the same time has high tensile strength and low shear strength, and can be easily cut directly by the compound shield machine without Unusual tool damage.
The difference between glass fiber bars and steel bars
1. In terms of construction period, compared with ordinary steel bars, glass fiber bars are customized by manufacturers. Since they cannot be processed on site, the size needs to be accurately controlled. Once the wrong material is cut, the construction period will be delayed. Its shape is directly customized, which reduces the processing steps of ordinary steel bars, and the overlapping method of binding replaces the welding process, which saves the production time of the reinforcement cage.
2. In terms of construction difficulty, the bending resistance and shear resistance of glass fiber reinforcement are much different from that of ordinary steel reinforcement, and the weight is lighter. In case of special conditions such as loose cages, stuck cages, and floating up, special attention should be paid to the production and hoisting of the reinforcement cages.
3. In terms of construction safety, compared with the currently widely used construction method of partially or completely removing the continuous wall of the steel cage at the end of the shield, the continuous wall of the fiberglass cage can be directly penetrated by the shield machine, avoiding the prone to surge Dangerous conditions such as mud, water gushing, sand gushing, etc. save the cost of breaking down the continuous wall, and at the same time reduce pollution such as dust and noise.
4. In terms of economy, compared with ordinary steel bars, glass fiber bars are lighter, and the direction change reduces the manufacturing and installation costs of the bar cages. At the same time, due to the larger glass fiber bar bars, the number of continuous walls is reduced and the continuous wall is saved. The number of interface I-beams or locking pipes saves costs.
The characteristics of glass fiber bars
1. High tensile strength: The tensile strength of glass fiber reinforcement is better than that of ordinary steel reinforcement, 20% higher than that of steel reinforcement of the same specification, and has good fatigue resistance.
2. Light weight: the quality of glass fiber reinforcement is only 1/4 of the same volume of steel reinforcement, and the density is between 1.5~1.9 (g/cm3).
3. Strong corrosion resistance: It is resistant to the corrosion of chemicals such as acids and alkalis, and can resist the erosion of chloride ions and low pH value solutions, especially the corrosion resistance of carbon compounds and chlorine compounds.
4. Strong material bonding: The thermal expansion coefficient of glass fiber bars is closer to cement than steel, because the bonding force of glass fiber bars and concrete is stronger.
5. Strong designability: the elastic modulus of glass fiber reinforcement is stable, the size is stable under thermal stress, bending and other shapes can be arbitrarily thermoformed, the safety performance is good, no heat conduction, no conduction, flame retardant and antistatic, through formula change and Metal collisions do not produce sparks.
6. Strong performance of magnetic wave penetration: Glass fiber reinforcement is a kind of non-magnetic material, and it does not need to be demagnetized in non-magnetic or electromagnetic concrete components.
7. Convenience in construction: standard and non-standard parts of various cross-sections and lengths can be produced for glass fiber bars according to user requirements, and non-metallic tension bands can be used for on-site binding, which is easy to operate. When you are doing glass fiber wholesale, you must choose a regular glass fiber manufacturer to purchase.